Dear Parents and Students,
As we begin our third week of distance learning I hope this letter finds you safe and healthy. Please know that I miss all the boys and girls and can't wait to return to school and our normal classes. Until them I hope you remember to read every day!
The work assigned below covers the students until Easter Break. However, a fun easter assignment will be given next week, so please check back before break. Also, the students must submit a completed assignment to me before Easter recess. Please snap a picture of your child's work and e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please look below for which assignment your child should submit. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Below is a special hello from me! I miss you all!
I would love to see how hard you are working at home, please take a picture and email me!
Below are the assignments for the week on March 30, 2020.
- Please read Go Animals Go and complete the related worksheets. The students should read the book three times and remind them to track as they read. Please hand in only the completed worksheets when school resumes.
- Review story high frequency words sheets (these words are already on our sight word list). Hand in when school resumes.
- Writing: Please complete the following writing prompt. You could write the sentences on the sheet provided or on any piece of paper. Please e-mail me this assignment.
- Please read I Hide and complete the related worksheets. The students should read the book three times. Please hand in only the worksheets. The story does not need to be printed.
- Complete the Sight Word Fluency Sheets. Submit when we return to school.
- Journal Entry: Please write three sentences for the following writing prompt. Please e-mail me this assignment.
- What do you like to do on a rainy day?
- Please read Abigale Adams and complete the related worksheets. Begin the KWL chart before you begin reading. Read the story three times. Please hand in only the worksheets. The story does not need to be printed.
- Complete the reading comp sheets
- Journal Entry: Please write a paragraph for the following writing prompt. Please e-mail me this assignment.
- You have heard the saying "It's raining cats and dogs." What would happen if it act did rain cats and dogs? Write about a story about a time it did rain cats and dogs.
- Please read The Drum and complete the related worksheets. You do not need to print out the story. Please hand in only the worksheets.
- Complete the reading comp sheets for cause and effect
- Journal Entry: Please write a well developed paragraph of at least 10 sentences for the following writing prompt. Please e-mail me this assignment.
- April 1 is April Fool’s Day. Write about a time you played a joke on someone, or someone played a joke on you. Remember to use descriptive details.
Below are some fun activities to complete during the school closure:
- Read a book or magazine
- Play board games
- Listen to e-books
- Play letter/word Bingo
- Read and make a recipe
- Write a song and sing it to a family member or friend